Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Bee Saga Continues..............

Well, we had pest control come out to our house yesterday to check on the bee situation and he said that we needed a bee master. So, we called the bee master and they came out this morning. They ended up pulling off some roof tiles and tar paper, and underneath they found a honeycomb about 3 1/2 feet by 2 feet in our house. So, they sprayed all of the bees and then in a few days when everything has settled down they will schedule a time when they can come remove all of the honeycomb. Once they see how much there is we can get an estimate of how long they have been up there. Poor little Ava got stung on the toe by one yesterday. It was hiding in a pile of laundry and when she stepped on it it got her. So, I decided I would call the property manager and let him know that I was pretty angry that nothing had been done about this until now. I called twice over 3 months ago and told him that we had bees! There are dead bees clear around the block from our house and they are covering our roof. It is pretty gross. But, hopefully the problem is solved.

P.S. they really weren't killer bees, i just took some dramatic license on my last blog title in case some of you were really worried.

6 comments:

Jenny and James said...

Poor Ava. I hope you don't have to pay for this, since the property manager should have taken care of it.

Tricia said...

This ISN'T funny! You know, Wyoming is low on bees and they wondered where they went. I'll send them to Vegas! I hope there aren't more hives! Poor Ava!

The Nicks Family said...

UGH! Bees are awful, my parents had to have the bee master come out, twice. The hive was in two different places. But they never came back to the same place, so I hope that doesn't happen to you. The property manager is paying for all of this right? I hope so and I hope you got to tell them how ridiculous this all is! I am so sorry Ava got stung, makes you even more mad about the whole situation!

Anonymous said...

See here

Kyle and Lacey said...

Yikes! Sounds scary. We are here in Vegas now and were just told to watch out for scorpions in the yard. Sounds like there are all sorts of mean critters around! I hope the bees leave you guys alone.

holmesfamily8 said...

That is terrible! I have had some bad experiences with SLOW property management too. Hope it is all over and done with soon!