Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pets


Every person who has a favorite pet knows how much joy they can bring into your life. They become part of the family. For all you skeptics, I know what you're thinking. They are so much work, just like having another kid etc....... I was like that too until we got our dog and realized how much fun a "good" pet can be. A couple of weeks ago, I changed our girls room from twin beds back into bunk beds to give them more room to play. Tonight, I was tucking in the kids and left to come downstairs when our Dog Ginger started to bark and whine so I went back upstairs to see what was wrong. Ginger was sad that she couldn't get up to Emma to give her kisses goodnight. Awwww. Every night Ginger does her rounds and goes and checks on the kids and gives them kisses. She is such a good dog.

My poor parents had their cat of 9 years killed yesterday in front of their house by two dogs. They are so sad. You don't realize how much a part of your life your pets become until they are gone.

6 comments:

DEREK said...

Unless it's a fish.

Cami said...

That is so sad! You do have a GREAT dog. He is loved by our little guy as well:) Derek's comment did make me giggle:)

The Nisbets said...

We had to put down our cat Nigel (remember him--he was enormous!) last summer. It's been sad without him. I'm even attatched to our lizard! School? Just one class this sememster. It's a nutrition class and I can take it online. I'm glad to know I've got you to ask my questions to! You'll be a FABU nurse!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh, that's so sad for your parents! I will never forget the day we had to put my dog down. It was noooo fun but we had a lot of memories with that little guy.

Nate LOVES dogs so one of these days we may have to come visit your cute little one.

..toni.. said...

I think ginger is still the coolest dog ever because she is a cockroach hunter!!! Can't get much better than that!!

Larsen Mom said...

Now that we have our own place we are talking about getting a pet. I want a cat and John wants a dog. We'll see what happens. Your dog looks so sweet!