Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cheesecake and Carousels


On Wednesday it was National Cheesecake Day and the Cheesecake Factory was running a special for $1.50 a slice if you ate it in the restaurant. I thought it would be fun to take the family seeing how the kids never get their own slice and at this price we could swing it. When we got to the restaurant it was about 8:30 in the evening and there was an hour wait but it was nice outside so we were fine to wait it out. I walked the kids over to a carousel they have in the shopping center thinking it might be cheap or maybe even free but unfortunately it was $2.00 per ride. I had no money on me so the kids just had to watch. I walked them back to the restaurant just as my brother arrived to join us. After a few minutes Ava grabbed his hand and told him to come here. She led him by the hand straight back to the carousel! Being the good uncle he is he bought her a ride. She is not dumb, that is for sure! Even though we had to wait another hour in the restaurant after that the cheesecake was delicious and cheap. Emma picked the winner though. Her chocolate, raspberry truffle was awesome.


2 comments:

The Baker said...

okay so i missed the part that you had to dine-in to get the free cheesecake. Shauna went and stood in line at 10pm for them to tell her she had to dine-in to get the cheap cheesecake. She obviously didn't want to sit at a table alone so we didn't get ANY! I was so sad and had been craving it all day. My favorite is the banana cream! Yummy!

Jenny and James said...

That is so funny that Ava has Jason wrapped around her finger! James loves the cheesecake that Emma got. He gets that everytime we go. So far my favorite is the Oreo one.