Monday, September 15, 2008

A New Member of the Family



So, Saturday we decided to take Ginger to Petsmart to get her a new toy. As soon as we got there we noticed a few dogs in front of the store in cages that the animal shelter was trying to get adopted. They said it was the dogs last chance before they would be put to sleep and that we only had until the van came to take them away to decide if we wanted one. As soon as they said it the van pulled up. There was a cute terrier mix that looked so mellow and good. They asked Derek if he would want to take him out and of course he said yes. Well, that was that. As soon as the dog put it's paws on Derek's leg and licked him I knew we would be taking him home. The kids want to name him Rusty. He is 2 years old so he is the same age as Ginger, he is fixed, potty trained and microchipped in case we ever lose him. So far he has been a great dog. We are hoping that as we start being gone more and more that they will provide each other with some company. Ginger is a little jealous but I think it won't be much longer before they warm up to each other.

9 comments:

The Baker said...

oh man you are CRAZY! its a good thing there are animal lovers in the world......because i am definately not one of them.

Anonymous said...

He looks sooo sweet. They will be great company for each other. I hope Rusty turns out as good as Ginger.
Mom

The Reno Donnelly's said...

It's good to know we aren't the only suckers for those sad faces. Gregg swore up and down after the first two dogs died no more dogs. We currently have one from the humane society and one from some family he home taught. So much for no more dogs. We do love them and they are fun for the kids.

The Spencer Family said...

What a sneaky little trick!hahah
He really is a cute dog. I'm sure he'll keep your kids busy too!!

Ira and Claudia said...

Your dogs are really cute. I love dogs, but Mr. Ira refuses to have a dog in our home. If you have any tips on how to convince the husband let me know.

How is nursing school going? I haven't seen you in a while. Take care.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

He's a cute little dog! They will be buddies in no time.

My animal loving 1 year old may need to visit the Crouch home soon!

The Spencer Family said...

Thanks again for the encouragement! Of all the people able to give it on my whining, you're one of them!!! I admire your strength...thanks for the advice about reading too! I've started to read the Ensign again and I think that's what got me thinking of all my blessings. Have you read the Twilight books at all? I started, but got too consumed and forgot about my other responsibilities...OOOPSS! :)

Amy Wright said...

hey Crouch's
Are you guys still in AZ??? Good to hear from you and see your goings on.

The Nisbets said...

SUCKER! (We now have a lizard, a dog and a new CAT. You know the kind, it was a "free" cat given to us by someone. Whatever--there is no such thing as a "free" pet... The new dog IS cute though!