Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jerrod's First Plane Ride

This morning I took Jerrod to the airport for his flight to Phoenix. It is his friend Austin's birthday tomorrow and so his family got Jerrod a plane ticket to come for a weekend of fun. Lucky kid! I could tell that he was a little nervous and I was sad to say goodbye. As a mom I felt so helpless because I knew that he was nervous and I couldn't be with him. I was also bummed that I was missing a "first" but then Derek mentioned a few firsts that I will be gladly missing so I guess I can't be there for all of them! We just a call from him saying that he is there and that he's ok and he sounded excited! He said the flight was fun so that relieved all of us. I'm sure we will have more pictures on Saturday of all of his adventures.


Here's his plane just as they were leaving the gate.

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What a FUN weekend for him!

Kylee said...

Wow how fun for him that he got to go to Phoenix all by himself! My first time flying I was 11 and went to my Grandma's house. I loved it. But as a parent I would be scared! Your family looks cute. I hope u are loving Vegas.

*Karleena* said...

Kristine!! Ah! I totally forgot to call you! Sorry!! I'm dying to know how your class is going and if you're getting everything together for the Sept 1st deadline! Life's so busy!! I did my presentation last week and did pretty good. And even though I have the THIRD highest grade in the class - it's only a B!!! This night time class is kickin me behind! :o) We've had around 12 people drop and several more are "failing" thus far. Nathania is the only one with an A (barely) and Gerri has an A-. It's good to know that it's not just me struggling a little. I hope your class is easier!! My # is 343-2966 if you get the chance to call me before I find the time to call you! :o)