Saturday, July 12, 2008

I made a decision!

Well after months of pondering and after receiving some good advice I have decided to go for the nursing program. I took the pre-entrance exam today and I will be applying next month for the spring 2009 start date. I was so stressed about what to do and so I was working on my pre-requisites for both nursing and dental hygiene. I just had a lingering feeling that dental hygiene wouldn't be good. I would have to take about 6 classes in the fall and apply next february for the fall 2009 semester. They only accept 30 students a year so if I didn't get in I would be out of luck because I can't start a program and not finish it before Derek graduates. I know that the schedule would be sweet but only working a few 12 hour shifts won't be so bad either. With me being able to knock out both semesters of Anatomy this summer it gives me a lot of points toward the nursing program and deep down I think I am more interested in it anyway. So, my plan is to put in my application next month and see what happens. I hope to get in and start in January and then I would graduate December 2010. If not, I signed up for a CNA course and one more pre-requisite this fall and then I can reapply for Fall 2009 with 6 more points. For those who don't know, they accept based on a point system. You receive points for certain things like completing classes, GPA, entrance exam score etc... It feels good to have a plan, now I'm just crossing my fingers that it works out! Thanks to everyone who voted on the poll I had!

6 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiley said...

nice work on the blogging today! The drive in sounds like fun! I'm happy for you on your decision! I can't believe you can start in the spring it seems like you just started school!

*Karleena* said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! How'd your first test go in 224?? How do you think you did on the NLN? I am so happy for you that you decided to pursue the nursing program!! Let's cross our fingers that we both get in for the spring semester! What's your plan on getting your 224 credits transfered in time? I'm so worried about that! It's gonna be a few stressful weeks after class is overwith - until Sept. 1st! Ah! Good luck!!

Rissa and Jared said...

Nursing sounds great! And i think you'd be good at it. The drive in looked awesome, where is it? I'd love to go but didn't know there was one in town.

Cami said...

I am so glad that you are able to feel progress with this schooling! Decisions are so hard. I wish you all the luck with your application! You'll make a great nurse...heaven's knows we need more nurses like you in this world!

Julie Moore said...

I think you will make a fantastic nurse! You are always so fun and easy to talk to, your patients will adore you. I am happy for your choice - best wishes with it all.