Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ava's Pictures


Last night I was putting the kids' school pictures in their frames and realized that I have really slacked on getting Ava's updated. I had one from when she was about 9 months old in her frame. So, I decided to take her this morning and just get it done. She was all excited, even asked for makeup on her eyes and lips which we pretended to do. Then when we got there she just turned shy. We could not get her to smile. The most frustrating thing as a parent is to take your kids to a photographer who does not do anything to get them to smile!!! They kept making sounds with their lips like she was 6 months old and she kept looking at them like you have got to be kidding me. Whenever I told her to smile she would look at me and say "Mom" under her breath like, stop embarrassing me! I even had them switch the photographer to a girl because I thought the guy might be scaring her. I kept asking them how they wanted her posed and they would say just standing or sitting. Nice and specific. So, anyway after a long session they show me the pictures and the guy wants me to buy the $100 package. I explained to him that I was only going to get the $10 package, which comes with a ton of pictures and he turns to me and says, "Really, after all that work we just did, you are only going to spend $10." Oh, that ticked me off. So, I said you might have thought you did a lot of work but you didn't work very hard to get her to smile. What I really wanted to say was "My husband is a medical student and we have 4 children. Every penny we spend is borrowed. Back off!" Anyway, I just needed to vent. I think I will be the photographer for a while.

10 comments:

Kiley said...

I love it! She makes me laugh. I can't believe that guy said that to you!! I swear they have the wrong people working there!!

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oh my gosh, what a jerk! I am surprised he said that. Where did you go?

Crouch6 said...

I went to Portrait Innovations. When I went to pick up the pictures there were a lot more workers there and they seemed a lot better.

Jenny and James said...

Where is portrait innovations? Is that the one in Walmart? Whenever I go in to get pictures done they always try to sell us a lot more too. I just got Lizzi's pics done at Olan Mills and we got them free because of the birthday package we got. But they still tried to sell me additional sheets for almost $8 a sheet.

holmesfamily8 said...

That is too bad you were treated that way! Bring her up here next time, I could make her look much more natural.

*Karleena* said...

That's a very cute picture!! I'm sorry you had such a miserable time. I can't believe that guy said that to you!! It would help if they actually hired people who have experience in photography! It makes such a difference when you go in and the photographer is not only good with kids, but Knows how to take a good picture!!

Kyle and Lacey said...

Her picture turned out really cute! I can't believe how grown up she looks! Thanks for the comment on our blog. We didn't know that about Southwest or Priceline. We appreciate the tips!!

The Spencer Family said...

OH MAN! I would've been steaming too! She looks adorable anyways!!

Kylee said...

Hi! Cute pictures! I know what you mean about those studios. I hate going to any of them. I finally bought a black sheet and we have a few studio lights so I want to do my kids myself. It's fun to do with my family but a bit more stressful with other people!

Christine said...

Darling picture. She is so beautiful!