Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We had a really fun Halloween. I always hate the thought of Halloween when I'm trying to get all the costumes together but it is so much fun to take the kids out! We started off our morning going to the Shark Reef Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay. They were letting kids in free if they wore their costume so I thought it was a good opportunity to let them go there. Ava loved petting the sting rays. She would have stayed there for hours had we let her.


This is Ava with one of the listening devices they gave us as we walked in. They tell you about all of the different fish. She called it her remote.



Next we came home and made some sugar cookies. Then we met up with the Green family to go trick or treating. The kids got so much candy!!! Ava kept saying "I knew it" "I'm not afraid of heights" She was funny.





We went and saw my friend Karissa and her husband Chris. They live in a sweet neighborhood!

Ava and her friend Leila

Emma was so excited that she got a full size candy bar. I think they ended up with 5 of them

4 comments:

Christine said...

What a fun Halloween. I love there costumes. It is so great you got into the nursing program. Kevin graduates this May from the nursing program. FUN for you!

Britt and Rick said...

Ava has the cutest smile ever. I love that there are still neighborhoods you can go to that are fun.

*Karleena* said...

I love how Emma used the picnic basket for trick or treating!! So cute!! I have great memories making halloween sugar cookies as a kid - I'm sure your kids will too!! Looks like so much fun!

The Spencer Family said...

WOW! The Shark Reef Aquarium looked interesting. Nothing that exciting here for sure!! What a great Halloween!