Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Down Three to Go!

Derek finished his first year of medical school last week. Almost all of his grades are posted and he officially passed his first year. Whew! I am so proud of him. After experiencing a full-time class schedule plus trying to be a mom and fulfill all my other responsibilities, I have a tremendous amount of admiration for all that he has done. I always knew it was hard but I just appreciate it more now. I finished also last Thursday but started back up on Monday with an accelerated Anatomy and Physiology class that is 4 hours a day, 4 days a week.

Derek also got a good opportunity to help earn some income this summer by selling pest control, so if any of our Vegas friends need a bug guy PLEASE call the Crouch family. He started yesterday and got three sells which is good. It's not our idea of a perfect summer together but because of some student loan set backs we didn't have a choice. But, we feel blessed to have this opportunity also.

My mom and dad are coming to Vegas on Friday for the long weekend and Derek and Jerrod get to go with my dad and my brother to L.A. on Sunday to catch a Dodger's game. My dad had shoulder surgery and has a month off of work so we are excited to be able to spend some time with them!

1 comment:

Kyle and Lacey said...

Congrats on having the first year behind you! It's always nice to count them down. Sounds like school and everything are keeping you guys busy. Good luck with all, and hopefully you'll find some time to enjoy the summer!