Thursday, May 8, 2008

Allison's Sign Design Performance

Since January, Allison has been involved in an after school program called "Sign Design Theater" where they teach the kids sign language while involving them acting or dance. We got to watch her perform last week and I thought she did so good. I was very proud! I posted the video for you to check out! We also just found out today that she qualified for the GATE program next year which is for the gifted and talented students. WOW! We have great kids!


2 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

She did really good with her signs. When I was taking Sign Language in College, my professor had us go and watch the kids perform. They do such a good job, sometimes even better than adults. Do you remember her instructor's name?

The Nicks Family said...

I am quite impressed! That pirate song was so cute, and I love the song "I'm Proud to be an American" I always tear up hearing it. She did awesome, in fact from what I could tell (when you would zoom out) she seemed to be one of the best up there! Tell her I am proud and impressed!!

Thanks for the info on the dog. Maybe we will do that and look into other ones. He took it pretty well, but is still sad. I cried when I told him, I just feel so bad!