Monday, December 15, 2008

Jerrod's First Band Concert


Jerrod is way in the back.

Tuesday night was Jerrod's first band concert and I had planned on taking video of it to place on here but when we got there I realized the camcorder was dead. Since I had my final earlier that day the thought to charge it hadn't crossed my mind. Too many other things to think about. So, anyway, he did great and they sounded good and LOUD. There were a lot of them.

Just an update, I am now done with school until nursing school starts on January 20. YAY! I thought I would feel an overwhelming sense of relief but I still feel very overwhelmed with everything else going on. It seems like there is something every night which I guess is typical of December. I just hope I have a chance to slow down before Christmas and enjoy a couple of relaxing nights! Saturday I took a class to get CPR certified and I passed so now I am a certified health care provider in CPR anyway. Tuesday I bought a nice shiny new laptop for only $399 and a 40 pound box of textbooks for $460 (yikes!) so I am getting closer to being ready for the next adventure. Luckily we receive our books not only in print but on the computer which is why the laptop will be so handy. I won't have to haul those books to school each day. Now I am just counting down the days until Friday at 2:00 when I have my husband back from his finals week!! He has a mere 8 tests this week, I don't know how he does it.

1 comment:

diana said...

I laughed about the camcorder having a dead battery. We do that at just about every major function we are trying to record. We also like to film things in night vision when it's not night!
Congrats on being done with school for awhile. I do remember buying my nursing books...amazing how heavy & many there are.
Just wanted to pop in here & wish you happy holidays.
The Karl Neff Family